Monday, October 26, 2020

Murali Cheeroth : On his work

Murali Cheeroth


1. What was the source of inspiration or creative trigger to make these films? Was it an idea, experience, image, incident or thought?

Murali Cheeroth: As I have said earlier, my art is all about my political and social responsibility as a social critic as well as an artist. This film, which is also part of my creative endeavour, has been built up based on the collective memory of my own experience and responses. Being a visual artist my creative urge has triggered my senses, which in turn helped me to beautifully weave these memories and images into a moving image. I would say this film was an idea evolved out of my own experience as a socially rooted artist.

2. How did you arrive at this form?

Murali Cheeroth: As a visual artist I do not differentiate my paintings, performances or films in their creative or socio-political potential. One cannot be the offshoot of the other because they all have evolved from the same creative urge rooted in the societal concerns. However, when it comes to the element of creative expression in a film, I would say that as an artist, I have gathered a collective experience from contemporary films, which gives me a feel that I should choose language which is non-academic and mindfully nurtured to create my own form. My concern is always rooted on the urban life and its uncertainties, especially the people at the grassroots who are invisible even in the brightest of light.


Click here to watch the films :





4 comments:

  1. എന്റെ ബാല്യകാല സുഹൃത്ത് ആണ് മുരളി. ആ പഴയ കാല സൗഹൃദങ്ങളെ ഓർത്തുഎടുക്കാനേ ഈ ഉള്ളവനാവു. അദ്ദേഹത്തിന്റെ സർഗാത്മകതയെ ഘോഷിക്കാനൊന്നും എനിക്ക് കഴിയില്ല, അതിനുള്ള ശേഷിയില്ല. പക്ഷെ ഒരു കാര്യം ഞാൻ ശ്രദ്ധിച്ചിട്ടുണ്ട്, കീഴാളരെ നെഞ്ചേറ്റുന്നത് അദ്ദേഹത്തിന്റെ കലകളിൽ കാണാൻ കഴിഞ്ഞിട്ടുണ്ട്. ഇനിയും ഇനിയും ഉയരട്ടെ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. എന്റെ ബല്യ കാല സുഹൃത്താണ് മുരളി. ആ സൗഹൃദങ്ങളെ ഓര്ത്തെടുക്കാനേ ഈ ഉള്ളവനവു കഴിയു. അദ്ദേഹത്തിന്റെ സർഗാത്മകതയെ ആസ്വദിക്കാൻ ഉള്ള ശേഷിയൊന്നും എനിക്കില്ല. പക്ഷെ കീഴാളരെ നെഞ്ചേറ്റുന്ന കാഴ്ചകൾ അദ്ദേഹത്തിന്റെ കലാ പ്രവർത്തികളിൽ കാണുന്നുണ്ട് ഇനിയും ഇനിയും ഉയരട്ടെ

    ReplyDelete