Friday, October 30, 2020

Artists Cinema : Riyas Komu

Riyas Komu - On his works




My Grave

This short film titled MY GRAVE was made by me in 2010 in collaboration with Nasiruddin Shah, which was part of an exhibition project to raise funds for Khushi Charitable trust that supports underprivileged children.

This film is purely an attempt to reflect on our time. This single-shot film that invites the viewer to contemplate upon the other in order to introspect upon oneself. When our gaze meets Naseeruddin Shah’s, it becomes an intense journey that gradually erases the boundaries between looking out and looking in. Together we begin to ponder upon the human condition, and to reflect upon the very foundations of our being, here and now.

This was conceived as produced as a visual archive of expressions of angst, anger, depressions and concerns.

Last Wall

This work is conceived as a documentary by profiling graffiti produced on street walls by a wandering mentally challenged individual in my locality near my studio. I observed him many years as he was present in my visual premise and his work started spreading in 2km square on all street walls, Pillars, Trees, shop counters. He grew into an enigma and my growing enchantment with the man and his scribbles prompted me to follow him more closely.. This film is also an outcome of my interest in the socially discarded..

Click here to watch the films :




No comments:

Post a Comment